- Enhanced Visibility: Videos often stand out in search results, attracting more clicks than plain text links. The thumbnail itself can serve as a visual prompt for users.
- Increased Engagement: Users are likely to spend more time on a page with a video, which can improve dwell time—a factor Google considers when ranking websites.
- Boosted Trust: Videos can provide authentic, immediate insights into a product, service, or topic, building trust with viewers.
- Rich Snippets: Videos can contribute to rich snippets in search results (like thumbnails), making your listing more prominent.
- Higher Conversion Rates: Engaging videos can drive more conversions, which can, in turn, improve the site’s perceived quality and relevance.
- Diversified Content: Google loves diverse content types. Offering a mix, including videos, caters to different user preferences and can signal content richness to search engines.
- Increased Backlinks: Quality videos can be a source of backlinks, as other sites reference your content, which further boosts SEO.
- Local SEO Boost: For local businesses, videos can enhance local search results, especially if they’re optimized for local keywords.
- Mobile User Engagement: With the rise of mobile searches, videos offer an easily digestible content format for mobile users, improving user experience.
In essence, videos not only enhance user experience but also provide multiple touchpoints that can improve your site’s search engine ranking.